Follow by Email

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Our 2011 Beach Adventure

Every year since my older kids were little I have taken them to the beach.  This is this years story...

On wednesday, June 22nd we jumped out of bed at 4 AM!  Yes I said 4.AM.  In our house getting everyone up and ready....especially at 4 AM........... I had scheduled us to leave in one 5 AM.   It took a week to pack all of our things.  we require a lot of things when we travel and our truck its not big enough, so we have to pull our 8 foot tailor!  After running around being sure that we hadn't forgotten any necessary items, Logan s meltdown when Austin left him alone in the house during his trip to the potty when he came out screaming and crying "don't leave me here!!!!", and then making sure everyone including Logan were loaded into the Sequoia...we were on the road as scheduled set 5AM.

we were all a little slow this early.  I was the driver most of the way down.  After falling asleep about Gadsden logan woke up below Bham he sat straight up in his seat proclaiming "we are going to the beach!!" For the 10th time since he got up.  After several hours of more "we goin to the beach" and "how much longer" we finally arrived in Gulf Shores.

We lugged our tailor load of stuff into our condo on the 11th floor of Phoenix IV, or as Logan calls it....our "hole tel".  As we put our things away Reagan found some of Logan'S swimming trucks.  Logan declared that Reagan could NOT wear those.  She had to wear a "baby soup"  (translation bathing suit) to "fwim" (translation swim) at the beach.

We had a couple of injuries this usual.  As we were coming in from the beach on our first day, Joe opened the for and "tried to cut Rea's types off"! Lol  Lot cut 3 of her types pretty bad and she screamed for what felt like an eternity but they are healing fine.  I had a severe case of sunburn....possibly sun poisoning.  In my whole life I have never really sunburned, but some of  my medications case photo sensitivity.  After a few days of swelling and pain in my arms and shoulders I am much better.  several of us had stings from jelly fish, but nothing severe.

In the next few days we ate way too much, got too much sun, rode go carts and paddle boats, squeezed all of us into a tiny photo booth...yes we got ALL of us in the photos!, we caught the throwed rolls at Lamberts, ate beneath a shark at the Oyster House, ate at Lucy Buffet's restaurant...that its Jimmy Buffet's sister, ate with some friends that were in town, shopped for souviniers in a sharks belly, visited a purple "octofus", saw hundreds of air planes in the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola, ate gelato for the first time (YUM), caught hermit crabs and jelly fish..we caught approximately 20 to 25 jelly fish, Ethan and Joe went down to the beach late at night to try to catch some sand crabs that come out at night...none were captured, we witnessed a terrible forest fire that was in the state park...over 250 acres burned in one afternoon,  we visited a 160 year old cemetery in Mobile, and then began our looooong journey home.

No comments: